Tuesday 5 May 2015

A Royal Name

The Royal baby name was announced yesterday to be Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge.

This far I have found no Charlottes in my direct ancestry, nor any Dianas. Elizabeth is a fairly common name so everyone is bound to have at least one. 

Like today, Royal names often found themselves into common families, and my Rudd family appeared to follow this trend. In 1892 Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence and Avondale and second in line to the throne died. His death is said to have shocked the nation and my ancestor's native Tyneside. 


From the Shields Daily Gazette.
My 2x Great Grandparents William James and Jane Rudd named their tenth and penultimate child, Albert Victor. From then on Albert Victor became a popular name in the family, with seven other boys having the name. My own Grandfather was named Albert Victor Quinnin, after his maternal uncle, Albert Victor Rudd

No comments:

Post a Comment